Monday, November 8, 2021

QUEEN ELIZABETH PARK 2 - NOV.21


So made my way back to Pudding Mill Lane station and walked towards Westfield. I am planning to investigate the central part of the Park between Sidings St (South) and Here East (North)



You have this new open book bi-building which might be residential. I am posting right below a picture from previous project titled "Living on a higher level" because it is sharing the same point of view. This picture was taken in Summer 2016.




I am now entering Westfield Avenue. This is the bit between the Olympic sites (stadium and pool) and the shopping mall. This area looks now from another place.




In the background is the other park of UCL under construction between Overground line and Waterworks River.

On the rook of a new wooden structure right in the middle of Endeavour Square where you find a cafe restaurant place called Haugen.

Walking down the roof of Haugen and making my way towards John Lewis I am being stopped by a security officer (again) He is telling me that this area is private and that pictures cannot be taken. Well "you can take pics with your mobile but not with a camera" - no comment. He was young, acting like a robot and that really annoyed me. I was upset, not because of the stupid regulations because they are so many nowadays, but I was upset to see such a young person acting acting without any human dimension that it frightened me.


The dark of midday on Westfield Avenue (similar to new Canning Town)


Workers chilling, checking, hiding, ...who knows?


Walking towards Here East and passing by Copper Box.


New venue Hackney Bridge. Few independent shops open but still very much under realisation.


By Here East compound but I am walking around. Not really interested to take pictures inside and wardens are everywhere.




New buildings next to Here East. New old nothing.


The big letter R.U.N by Copper Box under repair of protection?


Something I wanted to highlight with this picture is the enormous amount of CCTV's set all around the Park. Every single corner is covered by them. We are used to have a lot in UK but we are usually thinking of key areas, busy environments, transports, dodgy corners etc...but here we are in the open, it's a park, and everywhere we are being watched from every angle. This is scary!

View from where Marshgate Lane passes over Carpenter Rd.



Old sign.


New features along the canals next to Stadium.


Some propaganda adverts on Marshgate Lane heading South.



The Hammers Bell in the distance.


The new flashy East Bank where the second part of UCL is taking shape along the river.


Parked ducks.


Ending my day in the forbidden zone of Endeavour Square. Right behind me was another photographer being stopped with his tripod. I took that opportunity to take another shot!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment